EVERY MONDAY5:00 P.M.ETERNITY CHURCH FACEBOOK!Scroll down for the recipes & ingredients and join Chef Paul Kostandin.
Eternity Culinary School with Paul Kostandin: June 15th at 5:00PM on Eternity Church FacebookEasy Shrimp Scampi Serves: 4-6 people* 1 box of pasta of your choosing; we like bow ties* 1 pound shrimp, defrosted, peeled and deveined* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1 onion, julienne
* 8 cloves of garlic, chopped* 1 bell pepper, sliced
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/4 white wine
* 2 tablespoons of chopped capers* 6 oz of butter* Fresh herbs like, parsley, oregano and basil* 1 cup parmesan cheeseMethod:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove, salt heavily.
- Place a large saute pan on the stove on medium to high heat.
- Add the canola oil and allow it to heat up.
- Add the onions, garlic and bell pepper, saute until fragrant.
- Deglaze with the white wine, allow the wine to reduce by at least half.
- Add your lemon juice, capers, butter and shrimp.
- Cover your pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Strain the pasta and dress with olive oil and a touch of salt.
- Remove the cover from your saute pan, taste your sauce, adjust with salt and pepperas needed. Add your fresh herbs and parmesan.
- To serve, place small nest of cooked pasta into a bowl, spoon the sauce and shrimpover the pasta.
- Garnish with a little more fresh herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.Monday, May 4Falafel
Serves: 4-6 people
For Falafel Mixture
• 1, 16oz package of dried chick peas
• 1 small onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon all spice
• 1 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 small bunch parsley
• 1 small bunch cilantro
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 2-3 quarts of canola oil
• Salt for seasoning
• Food processor, or blender.
• Falafel scoop, or small cookie scoop.
• Small table top fryer. (if you don’t have a deep fryer you can use a thick bottomed pot on
your stove top with a candy thermometer.)
1. The night before you wish to prepare falafel, place your dried chickpeas in a large container
of cold water, and allow to soak overnight.
2. Once the chickpeas have soaked, drain off the excess water.
3. Mix the chickpeas, onion, garlic, spices, and herbs together in a large bowl.
4. Working in batches, pulse the mixture in the food processor or blender until the chickpeas
are well chopped and a stiff batter forms. You do not want to chop the chickpeas
completely, a rough texture is best.
5. Once the chickpea mixture is completely ground, mix in the sesame seeds.
6. In a thick bottomed pot, heat your canola oil to 350°F.
7. Working in small batches begin frying your falafel mixture, flipping half way through the
cooking process, until the falafel are golden brown.___________________________________________________________________Monday, April 27Hot and Sour SoupServings: 4-6Time: 30 minutesIngredients:1 tablespoon Canola Oil1 onion small diced1 package sliced mushrooms6 scallions, sliced, white and greens separated4 cups water1 cup soy sauce1/2 cup rice wine vinegar1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced4 cloves of garlic, sliced2 eggs1 teaspoon black pepper1 package of Firm Tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes3 tablespoons corn starch3 tablespoons waterMethod:1. Place a large pot on the stove over medium heat and add the canola oil.2. Once the oil is hot, begin to sauté the onions and mushrooms until they are fragrant.3. Add the water, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer.4. Add the garlic, ginger, black pepper and the scallion whites. Leave the scallion greens for the end.5. Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes.6. In a small bowl mix the corn starch and the water together.7. Whisk the corn starch/water mixture into the simmering soup and continue to cook for 10 minutes.8. Add the tofu and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.9. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until it is well mixed; pour the egg into the simmering soup and cook for another 2-3 minutes.10. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the scallion greens.11. Allow a few minutes for the soup to cool, it is incredibly hot when just off the stove.12. Serve over rice or just by itself!